|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Hopetoun Gate, 8B McDonald Road, Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2017|
|Salary||Salary will depend on relevant individual skills and experience.|
You are passionate about mathematics and eager to apply them to tackle hitherto unsolved real-life problems in engineering and advanced industrial sectors.
You are inhabited by the drive, the spirit of adventure and the tenacity essential for doing groundbreaking, fundamental research – not through established mathematical knowledge or techniques, but through radical, novel mathematical approaches and formulations.
You would thrive working in a multi-disciplinary team and are prepared to be continuously challenged whilst contributing to help find original solutions to difficult problems in industry and commerce and seek out new applications of mathematical analysis.
You want to do fundamental research in an environment that offers the exciting atmosphere of the most ambitious research organisations in the world and create innovative mathematics with a game-changing impact on global issues of which you want to be able to be proud.
You have confidence in your mathematical talent and are keen to demonstrate it to us.
You have the following essential skills:
• a very strong background in mathematics: excellent PhD.
• a true capability in analysis, abstraction and mathematical formalisation.
• a real “fluency” in a few specific mathematical domains and the ability to rapidly
master new areas of mathematics on an ongoing basis.
• the inclination to challenge established mathematical techniques and solutions.
• the ability to work with and share your know-how and enthusiasm within a
• experience with computer programming (C, Python, etc)
We are particularly interested in applicants with highly abstract or pure mathematical backgrounds.
If you are excited by this challenge and the prospect of working in the beautiful city of Edinburgh, then send the following to :
• Your CV (with a list of publications, where relevant).
• A short non-technical essay describing your recent research or degree project, if appropriate.
• A comprehensive cover letter describing you, your professional expectations and why we should be interested in your application.
Salary will depend on relevant individual skills and experience.
We do not require the services of recruitment agencies.
Applications should be submitted by the closing date of 4th August 2017.
To visit our website, please click on link: https://thinktankmaths.com