|Location||Southbank House, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
|Salary||£20,001 - £30,000|
The opportunity has arisen for 2 experienced and enthusiastic technical officers to join the GIS Team. These vacancies will be tasked with the maintenance and development of the ArcGIS and IDOX suite of applications. Applicants with experience utilising either or both of the ArcGIS and IDOX Uniform applications are invited to apply. The ArcGIS applications are utilised throughout the council and wider local authority.
Applicants wishing to apply for the GIS desk must have experience using the ESRI ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS online and mobile data collection applications. The IDOX applications are mainly utilised by Planning, Building Standards & Community Protection teams. Applicants wishing to apply for the IDOX desk must have experience in creating reports in MS(A), programming experience and experience in using the latest technology to improve workflow.
Please see the attached Role Profile for more information on these positions.
For more information regarding this post please contact, Jamie Doherty, GIS Coordinator on 0141 574 5524
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk