|Location||North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
|Salary||£30,001 - £40,000|
The IT Support Team are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to complement our existing operations team and support our strategic goals.
The successful candidate will be tasked with delivering a cohesive Cyber Resilience action plan across the College, to allow the operations of the organisation to flourish in the safest and most secure environment possible. This will require the creation of policies and procedures, the development of staff and engagement with external partners and agencies.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to degree level in a relevant subject area and have evidence of continuous professional development.
They should have a strong technical working knowledge of Information Security tools and techniques and experience of delivering service improvement in an organisation. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of planning and delivering successful projects, scenario planning and risk management.
This post would be well suited to a self-motivated individual, who has excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, is committed to people development and quality improvement.
While the position is primarily based at our Aberdeen City Campus, it is likely that the role will involve working at other sites.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Degree in relevant subject area or equivalent work experience.
2. Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
3. *Qualifications relevant to Information Security.
4. *Membership of professional bodies.
1. Experience of Information Security and Organisational Cyber resilience.
2. Evidence of service improvement in an organisation.
3. Evidence of effective planning and delivery of projects.
1. Knowledge of current legislation related to Information Security and Cyber Resilience.
2. A broad understanding of the technical underpinnings of IT systems.
3. Ability to understand and interpret user requirements.
1. Communication and presentation skills.
2. Problem solving and analytical skills.
3. Good organisational skills.
4. Effective negotiating, listening and influencing skills.
5. Team working and collaborative skills.
2. Committed to customer service and quality improvement.
3. Meticulous and organised.
4. Articulates information clearly.
5. Determined and resilient.
6. Ability to relate to people and develop positive working relationships.
1. Commitment to collaborative working to ensure the best possible services to students, internal customers and external stakeholders
2. Commitment to College vision and values
3. Commitment to equal opportunities
4. Able to travel between College sites on a regular basis
5. Ability to work as needed to meet the demands of the post
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk